Friday, January 13, 2012

Miami-Dade Police director Loftus sends out lay-off notices

UPDATE: Click here for Miami Herald story.

_________________________

Loftus
From: Mc Cully, Annette On Behalf Of Loftus, James K.
Sent: Friday, January 13, 2012 1:50 PM
To: (MDPD) All Staff
Subject: Staff Reduction

I have before me on my desk, staff reduction letters for our sworn personnel. These letters will be distributed during the course of this day.

In a Department with a history of dark and difficult days, this one is unique. Never before have so many of our finest left us under these circumstances.

As always, we will find a way to persevere because of our responsibility as the Thin Blue Line. I give you my word that I will shift resources to ensure officer safety while honoring our commitment to the Department’s core function.

To everyone impacted by this layoff, my heart goes out to you. My family and I will keep you in our prayers. To everyone in the Department, please continue to fight to keep your focus. Your safety, the safety of your coworkers, and the well-being of our community demands your vigilance and commitment.


God Bless you,
James K. Loftus, Director
Miami-Dade Police Department


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment on anything you read here.

All comments must first be approved. Spam and spam links will not be tolerated or approved.