Monday, July 28, 2008

Mayor Manny Diaz says: "I'm keeping my day job!"

The other day I sent Miami mayor Manny Diaz an email with a link to my recent post that talked about the re-design of the Miami Herald.Tongue-in-cheek, I congratulated him on his new position.

The mayor has a great sense of humor and e-mailed me back with a few observations.

The exchange is pasted below:

--

RE: Congratulations Mr Mayor!‏
From: Diaz, Manuel A (Mayor) (MannyDiaz@miamigov.com)
Sent: Mon 7/28/08 12:58 PM
To: (newshawk@gmail.com)

Good advice, though I am confident that Sean and I could shake things up.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

From: [mailto:newshawk@gmail.com]
Sent: Sunday, July 27, 2008 7:20 PM
To: Diaz, Manuel A (Mayor)
Subject: RE: Congratulations Mr Mayor!

Mr Mayor

You're right, the way things are going at the Herald I recommend that you stay right where you are!

bill

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Subject: RE: Congratulations Mr Mayor!
Date: Sun, 27 Jul 2008 19:15:23 -0400
From: MannyDiaz@miamigov.com
To: newshawk@gmail.com

Very funny. However, I will not be quitting my day job.

Manny

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment on anything you read here.

All comments must first be approved. Spam and spam links will not be tolerated or approved.